Is you daughter struggling with…
- Increased emotional intensity, overwhelm, or confused about emotions?
- Depression, negative feelings, or isolation?
- Peer pressure, harder schoolwork and more complicated relationships?
- Social anxiety, overthinking, feeling left out or nervous to reach out to others?
- Comparing herself to others on social media, being overly self-critical or lacking confidence?
- Not knowing how to express herself or ask for what she needs?
This course is for you if:
- You would like to learn ways to help your daughter/child regulate strong emotions or emotional reactions.
- You are worried about the amount of screen time your daughter is absorbing.
- You want her to feel self-confident and happy, but you aren’t sure how to help her get there.
- You are so busy that there isn’t a lot of time for connection, and when you are together you both often end up feeling frustrated and misunderstood.
In this course, you and your daughter will learn to…
- Use techniques to identify where emotions are felt in our bodies, thus giving us time to slow down our emotions so that we can think through responses before reacting.
- Feel balanced and at peace with yourselves and each other.
- Know that you each have the tools to handle any challenge that you face on your own, but that you are stronger together.
- Find a place of closeness and connection that you haven’t felt in a while with the intentional time that you enjoy spending together regularly.
- For *girls ages 9-15 and a trusted adult (*Nonbinary individuals are also welcome. If you have any concerns with the gender identity of your child and whether they’d fit in, please reach out to discuss).
- 8 weekly classes on Mondays 6 to 7 pm starting April 3-May 22
- Led by Sarah Saffold, MSW, LCSW and Kathleen McKee, therapists at The Center for Mindfulness & CBT
- Course content includes mindfulness practices to build awareness, emotional regulation, and self-compassion, communication skills that will be practiced between the two of you and will be applicable in all relationships, and other techniques to help you and your daughter thrive.
- Classes will be taught live via GoToMeetings (similar to Zoom) and will be highly participatory, but if you have to miss a class you can ask to have it recorded to watch later.
- Each week there will be brief mindfulness practices to complete in between the sessions, as well as topics for discussion between you and your daughter/child.
- The cost for each hour-long class is $40 for both you and your daughter/child.
- Space is limited to just 8 pairs, so register now to secure your spot.
In this video, Sarah Saffold, course facilitator, answers a question about a young teen having negative thinking, a topic that will be covered in this course.