This course is for you if:
- You are missing out on living the life you want to live due to stress, anxiety, depression, or other unwanted emotions.
- You want to do everything that you can to improve your physical and mental health.
- You are not functioning at your peak performance at work, in school, or in your relationships, and as hard as you try you just can’t seem to improve things.
In this course you will learn:
- How to become aware of the present moment so that you stop letting life pass you by.
- To be mindful of how your thoughts and feelings lead to depression, anxiety, and other unwanted mood states so that you can stop the cycle before it spins out of control.
- To respond to unpleasant feelings with acceptance so that you can tolerate and manage them when they occur.
- To recognize distorted thinking and respond to your thoughts in a different way that does not lead to anxiety or depression.
- How to engage in healthy behaviors that are consistent with your values.
- 8 weekly classes led by Laura Chackes, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist & Owner of The Center for Mindfulness & CBT, and Andy Conrad, MA, LPC, NCC, Licensed Professional Counselor at The Center for Mindfulness & CBT.
- Course is led in-person* at our office in Creve Coeur, and participation is an important part of the learning process.
- Audio recordings of the meditations done in class will be available for you to download and listen to for your daily practice.
- Handouts, worksheets, and articles will also be provided and stored on the course website that you will have access to forever.
- $50 per week. Must register for all 8 even if you cannot attend them all. Financial assistance is available based on need.
* If COVID rates increase in our area we will move this course online. If you don’t feel comfortable meeting in-person, please email email@example.com to discuss an option to meet online.