Mindfulness Course for the Family
Ages 6-17 (at least one parent must attend, siblings encouraged) Now Enrolling for Winter 2020, Starting January 22nd 5:30-6:30pm for 8 consecutive Wednesday evenings
This 8‐week course will teach you and your family members a specific way of paying attention to your breath, body, thoughts, feelings, and the world around you. This way of paying attention is very powerful because when you can observe your thoughts and feelings, then you can choose what you say and how you act, so you can respond skillfully rather than react mindlessly. This course will not only help you learn ways to regulate your own emotions, but also interact better with each other.
Research demonstrates that people who practice mindfulness experience the following benefits:
- Increased attention and decreased hyperactivity and impulsivity
- Increased executive function (working memory, planning, and organization)
- Fewer conduct and anger management problems
- Increased emotional regulation and self calming
- Increased social skills and social compliance
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- Increased sense of calmness, relaxation and quality of sleep
- Increased self esteem
At least one parent must attend with their child, both parents and siblings encouraged to attend as well.
$400 for all 8 weeks (plus $300 for 1st parent, $200 for each additional family member).
Financial assistance is available based on need.
Led by Dr. Laura Chackes, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist, Clinical Director of The Center for Mindfulness & CBT, 10845 Olive Blvd. Ste. 150, St. Louis, MO, 63141.
To register or for more information please contact our Client Care Coordinator, Andrea Harpster, at email@example.com or 314-561-9757 x 718.