8 Week Course For Adults & Mature Teens ages 16 & Over
Class runs weekly on Wednesdays 7 – 8 pm
Class Schedule: October 23rd – December 18th 2019 (one week off for Thanksgiving on 11/27)
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy is a clinically proven program for preventing relapse into depression and reducing stress and anxiety. Mindfulness is a non-judgmental way of paying attention in the present moment and increases our awareness of how we habitually react to situations, so we can choose to respond in more effective ways. Cognitive therapy teaches skills to identify and challenge the underlying beliefs that contribute to depression and anxiety. Mindfulness complements cognitive therapy through the development of an accepting attitude towards oneself and one’s life.
In this course you will learn:
- How to become aware of the present moment so that you stop letting life pass you by.
- To be mindful of how your thoughts and feelings lead to depression, anxiety, and other unwanted mood states so that you can stop the cycle before it spins out of control.
- To respond to unpleasant feelings with acceptance so that you can tolerate and manage them when they occur.
- To recognize distorted thinking and respond to your thoughts in a different way that does not lead to anxiety or depression.
- How to engage in healthy behaviors that are consistent with your values.
$50 per week. Must register for all 8 even if you cannot attend them all. Financial assistance is available based on need. 8 CEUs (approved by the Missouri Credentialing Board) are available for counselors, social workers, and psychologists for no additional charge.
Register below or, for more information, contact Andrea at email@example.com or 314-561-9757 x 718. If you’d like to schedule a consultation to help determine if this course will be a good fit for you, please email Dr. Chackes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To pay using the payment plan of $50 per week, use this link, Payment Plan, or complete the form below to pay in full.