8 Week Course For Adults & Mature Teens ages 16 & Over
Class runs weekly on Wednesdays 7 – 8 pm (in-person) and Thursdays 6:30 – 7:30 pm (online)
Wednesday (In-Person) Class Schedule: August 21st – October 9th 2019
Thursday (Online) Class Schedule: August 22nd – October 10th 2019 (For this online course, live participation is strongly recommended, but all classes will be recorded to watch later if not able to attend live).
Both courses will run for 8 consecutive weeks.
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy is a clinically proven program for preventing relapse into depression and reducing stress and anxiety. Mindfulness is a non-judgmental way of paying attention in the present moment and increases our awareness of how we habitually react to situations, so we can choose to respond in more effective ways. Cognitive therapy teaches skills to identify and challenge the underlying beliefs that contribute to depression and anxiety. Mindfulness complements cognitive therapy through the development of an accepting attitude towards oneself and one’s life.
In this course you will learn:
- How to become aware of the present moment so that you stop letting life pass you by.
- To be mindful of how your thoughts and feelings lead to depression, anxiety, and other unwanted mood states so that you can stop the cycle before it spins out of control.
- To respond to unpleasant feelings with acceptance so that you can tolerate and manage them when they occur.
- To recognize distorted thinking and respond to your thoughts in a different way that does not lead to anxiety or depression.
- How to engage in healthy behaviors that are consistent with your values.
Led by Dr. Laura Chackes, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist, Clinical Director of The Center for Mindfulness & CBT, 10845 Olive Blvd. Ste. 150, St. Louis, MO, 63141.
$50 per week. Must register for all 8 even if you cannot attend them all. Financial assistance is available based on need.
Register below or, for more information, contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-561-9757 x 718.
To pay using the payment plan of $50 per week, use this link, Payment Plan, or complete the form below to pay in full.