8 Week Course For Adults & Mature Teens ages 16 & Over
Class runs weekly on Wednesdays (in-person) and Thursdays (online) from 6:30-7:30pm
Wednesday (In-Person) Class Schedule: October 24th – December 19th 2018 (Class will be held on Tuesday 10/30 instead of Wednesday 10/31 in observance of Halloween).
Thursday (Online) Class Schedule: October 25th – December 20th 2018 (For this online course, live participation is strongly recommended, but all classes will be recorded to watch later if not able to attend live).
Both courses will run for 9 consecutive weeks, with one week off for Thanksgiving, so 8 total classes.
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy is a clinically proven program for preventing relapse into depression and reducing stress and anxiety. Mindfulness is a non-judgmental way of paying attention in the present moment and increases our awareness of how we habitually react to situations, so we can choose to respond in more effective ways. Cognitive therapy teaches skills to identify and challenge the underlying beliefs that contribute to depression and anxiety. Mindfulness complements cognitive therapy through the development of an accepting attitude towards oneself and one’s life.
In this course you will learn:
- How to become aware of the present moment so that you stop letting life pass you by.
- To be mindful of how your thoughts and feelings lead to depression, anxiety, and other unwanted mood states so that you can stop the cycle before it spins out of control.
- To respond to unpleasant feelings with acceptance so that you can tolerate and manage them when they occur.
- To recognize distorted thinking and respond to your thoughts in a different way that does not lead to anxiety or depression.
- How to engage in healthy behaviors that are consistent with your values.
Led by Dr. Laura Chackes, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist, Clinical Director of The Center for Mindfulness & CBT, 10845 Olive Blvd. Ste. 150, St. Louis, MO, 63141.
Fee is $400 for all 8-weeks. Financial assistance is available based on need.
Register below or, for more information, contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-561-9757 x 718.