8 Week Course For Adults & Mature Teens ages 16 & Over
Class runs weekly on Wednesdays or Thursdays from 6:30-7:30pm for 8 consecutive weeks
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy is a clinically proven program for preventing relapse into depression and reducing stress and anxiety. Mindfulness is a non-judgmental way of paying attention in the present moment and increases our awareness of how we habitually react to situations, so we can choose to respond in more effective ways. Cognitive therapy teaches skills to identify and challenge the underlying beliefs that contribute to depression and anxiety. Mindfulness complements cognitive therapy through the development of an accepting attitude towards oneself and one’s life.
This course will help you:
- learn to step out of automatic pilot and become aware of each moment
- be mindful of how thoughts and feelings lead to depression and anxiety
- learn to respond to negative feelings with acceptance
- learn to recognize distorted thinking to feel less anxious and depressed
- engage in healthy behaviors that are consistent with your values
Led by Dr. Laura Chackes, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist, Clinical Director of The Center for Mindfulness & CBT, 10845 Olive Blvd. Ste. 150, St. Louis, MO, 63141.
Fee is $400 for all 8-weeks. Financial assistance is available based on need.
To register or for more information contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-561-9757 x 718.