8 Week Course For Adults & Mature Teens ages 16 & Over
Spring session now enrolling, first class is April 5th
Class runs weekly on Thursdays from 6:00-7:00pm
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy is a clinically proven program for preventing relapse into depression and reducing stress and anxiety. Mindfulness is a non-judgmental way of paying attention in the present moment and increases our awareness of how we habitually react to situations, so we can choose to respond in more effective ways. Cognitive therapy teaches skills to identify and challenge the underlying beliefs that contribute to depression and anxiety. Mindfulness complements cognitive therapy through the development of an accepting attitude towards oneself and one’s life. Fee $400.
This course will help you:
- learn to step out of automatic pilot and become aware of each moment
- be mindful of how thoughts and feelings lead to depression and anxiety
- learn to respond to negative feelings with acceptance
- learn to recognize distorted thinking to feel less anxious and depressed
- engage in healthy behaviors that are consistent with your values
Led by Dr. Laura Chackes, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist, Clinical Director of The Center for Mindfulness & CBT, 10845 Olive Blvd. Ste. 150, St. Louis, MO, 63141.
Space is limited. Please register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot by calling or emailing Andrea at 314-561-9757 x 718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.